IPART monitors three major public water utilities and 21 private water utilities licensed under the Water Industry Competition Act 2006 in NSW to check they comply with their licence conditions. We collect annual performance information provided by each utility.
Information presented in the fact sheet database relates to the following water utilities:
Public water utilities
• Hunter Water Corporation
• Sydney Water Corporation
Private water utilities
• AquaNet Sydney
• Catherine Hill Bay Water Utility
• Central Park Water
• Cooranbong Water
• Discovery Point Water
• Flow Systems
• Flow Systems Operations
• Green Square Water
• Huntlee Water
• Lend Lease Recycled Water
• Narara Ecovillage Co-operative
• Orica Australia
• Pitt Town Water
• SGSP Rosehill Network
• Solo Water
• SUEZ Water and Treatment Solutions
• Sydney Desalination Plant
• Veolia Water Australia
• Veolia Water Solutions and Technologies
• Wyee Water.
We publish the annual performance data to ensure transparency, improve public confidence, provide additional incentives to the utilities to perform to expectations, and enable identification of areas for improvement.
The performance information is presented as follows:
• The Excel workbook (database) presents performance indicator information from 2005-06 to 2017-18.
• The fact sheet provides an overview of our collection of water utility performance indicators.