IPART helps NSW residents get safe and reliable services at a fair price. We are:
- the independent pricing regulator for water, energy, public transport and local government
- the licence administrator of water, electricity and gas
- the scheme administrator and regulator of the Energy Savings Scheme.
We conduct reviews across our main focus areas of:
We also conduct reviews of other industries and topics when the NSW government asks us to.
Although we’re a NSW government agency, we operate independently of the government. When making decisions and recommendations, we focus on:
- protecting consumers from unreasonable price increases
- improving providers’ efficiency and service quality
- encouraging competition
- protecting the environment
- ensuring that regulated service providers remain financially viable.