IPART has finalised its assessment of Blacktown City Council’s revised Contributions Plan No. 24 for Schofields. This plan consists of two parts:
- CP24L – Schofields (Land), and
- CP24W – Schofields (Works).
The plan applies to the development in the Schofields Precinct within Sydney’s North West Growth Area.
Our final recommendations
We recommend the council comprehensively review the plan within 18 months due to:
- the higher than previously forecast development yield and population,
- major upcoming Planning Proposals for the precinct, and
- changes associated with the North West Growth Centre Stormwater Management Strategy Review.
Such a review would also allow the council to update estimates of the cost of works using the best available information.
In the short term, we recommend the council:
- remove land and works for some stormwater infrastructure,
- make small adjustments to land and plan administration costs, and
use a revised population estimate for the apportionment of transport, open space, community services and the E2 Conservation Zone costs, and for the calculation of contribution rates.
These changes would reduce the total costs in the plan by $21.4 million (8.2%), from $262.6 million to $241.2 million, and would reduce per dwelling contributions between 19% and 25% for the main (ie, Eastern) catchment.