IPART has released a Draft Report on its assessment of Blacktown City Council’s revised Contributions Plan No. 24 for Schofields, which consists of two parts:
- CP24L – Schofields (Land), and
- CP24W – Schofields (Works)
The plan applies to the development in the Schofields Precinct within Sydney’s North West Growth Area. Our Media Release and Fact Sheet are available here.
Our draft recommendations
We recommend the council comprehensively review the plan within 18 months because it does not have regard to:
- the higher than previously forecast development yield and population
- major upcoming Planning Proposals for the precinct, or
- changes associated with the North West Growth Centre Stormwater Management Strategy Review.
Such a review would also allow the council to update estimates of the cost of works using the best available information. In the short term, we recommend the council: remove land and works for some stormwater management infrastructure; make small adjustments to land costs and plan administration; and use a revised population estimate for the apportionment of transport, open space, community services and the E2 Conservation Zone and the calculation of contribution rates.
These changes would:
- Reduce per dwelling/lot contributions by over 20%.
- Reduce the total costs in the plan by $27.2 million (10.4%), from $262.6 million to $235.4 million.