IPART held an online Public Hearing on 31 January 2022 on the Review of Fire and Rescue NSW’s fees and charges.
On 20 August 2021, IPART published a Draft Report and 5 Information Papers which outline our draft recommendations and explain how we reached these decisions.
On 31 January 2022, we held an online Public Hearing as part of our stakeholder consultation. The Public Hearing provided opportunity for the public and stakeholders to have their say or ask questions on our review.
The online public hearing had 6 sessions:
- Session 1: Overview of the approach to the review
- Session 2: Attendance at hazardous materials (hazmat) incidents
- Session 3: Fire safety services in the built environment
- Session 4: Attendance at false fire alarms
- Session 5: Automatic fire alarm management services
- Session 6: FRNSW’s other services
In the first session we provided a short presentation of our overall approach for the review. We then gave a short presentation of our draft findings and recommendations on each of the 5 broad categories of Fire and Rescue Services. Following the presentations in each session we invited Fire and Rescue NSW provided comment on our draft findings and recommendations before addressing stakeholder questions and comments on these matters.
The agenda and transcript to the video recording can be accessed as follows:
Stakeholders may make an access application to view the public hearing video under the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009.