Thank you for joining our online public hearings on 15 and 16 May 2023
In April 2023, we published our Issues Paper seeking feedback on affordability, accessibility, and choice in the early childhood education and care sector and invited industry, families and the community to participate in public hearings in May 2023.
We held 4 online public hearings:
- Public hearing 1 and 2 on Monday 15 May 2023 for the early childhood education and care industry (including providers, workers and organisations/groups representing the industry).
- Public hearing 3 and 4 on Tuesday 16 May 2023 for families and community (and organisations/groups representing them).
Each hearing included a question and answer session following an introductory presentation from IPART, where stakeholders could raise comments and ask questions on key issues. Key themes that were discussed included accessibility including inclusivity, workforce shortages, affordability and provider costs.
We have published our presentation slides and the transcript for each hearing. You can access the presentation slides and transcripts below:
- Presentation slides
- Public Hearing 1 (industry – 15 May 2023) transcript
- Public Hearing 2 (industry – 15 May 2023) transcript
- Public Hearing 3 (families and community – 16 May 2023) transcript
- Public Hearing 4 (families and community – 16 May 2023) transcript
We have listened to the industry, families’ and community’s views and will consider all feedback and comments when we make our draft recommendations for our Interim Report, to be released in August 2023.
This was our first round of public hearings for our early childhood education and care review. We will hold a second round of public hearing(s) after we release our Interim Report, on which we will also seek feedback and comments.