IPART has been asked to review the arrangements governing third-party access to rail infrastructure in NSW.
The NSW Rail Access Undertaking provides for third-party access to selected NSW rail network sectors owned by the Transport Asset Holding Entity (TAHE) (formerly RailCorp) and the Australian Rail Track Corporation (ARTC).
IPART has been asked to make recommendations on:
- The form of access and method of negotiation
- Minimum conditions that should be included in access agreements
- Appropriate pricing principles to apply to access prices
- Whether current enforcement provisions are adequate, and stakeholders have sufficient right of review
- Whether the Undertaking facilitates appropriate modal choice for freight.