IPART is reviewing maximum fares for rural and regional bus services from 2021 to 2025.
In addition to the matters set out in the Passenger Transport Act, we have been asked to consider the following:
- Equity with bus fares in the Sydney metropolitan area
- Simplification of fares, including the number of fare bands and day capping
- Relativities between rural and regional bus fares and long distance coach services provided by NSW Trains
- Development of on-demand services
- Customers’ willingness and capacity to pay.