We are reviewing NSW’s competitive neutrality policies and processes. This issues paper is the first stage in the review, which will be finalised in February 2023. It provides context for the review, including why competitive neutrality is important, and discusses the current policies and processes.
We have also prepared 3 short information papers to help explain different elements of competitive neutrality in NSW.
We would like to hear from consumers, private or not for profit businesses, local councils and government agencies on their experiences with the NSW competitive neutrality framework and the key issues raised in this paper. We are also interested in identifying any gaps in the current framework and taking suggestions from stakeholders on improvements that could be made.
- Issues Paper
- Information Papers
- NSW competitive neutrality policies and processes
- NSW Government Policy Statement on the Application of Competitive Neutrality (TPP02-1)
- Guidelines for pricing of user charges (TPP01-2)
- Part 4C of the Independent Pricing and Regulatory Tribunal Act 1912 (IPART Act)
- Section 173 of the Public Works and Procurement Act 1912 (Public Works and Procurement Act)
- Part 3 of the Public Works and Procurement Regulation 2019 (Public Works and Procurement Regulation)
- Pricing and Costing for Council Businesses - a Guide to Competitive Neutrality
- Policy Statement on the Application of National Competition Policy to Local Government
- Department of Local Government - Guidelines on the Management of Competitive Neutrality Complaints