IPART is reviewing the maximum prices that Central Coast Council can charge for its water, wastewater, stormwater and other water-related services.
During October 2021 we sought feedback on the council’s pricing proposal and our Issues Paper, and held our first online public hearing for the review on 26 October 2021. We encouraged customers and the community to make submissions to the review and to complete our Have Your Say survey.
We received 175 submissions in response on our Issues Paper
Thank you to everyone who made a submission on our Issues Paper. We received a total of 175 submissions, including:
- 170 from individuals
- 3 from organisations including the Terrigal Haven Supporter community group, Avoca Beach Community Association and Public Interest Advocacy Centre
- 1 on behalf of local Members of Parliament
- 1 from Central Coast Council
Most submissions expressed opposition to the council’s proposed increase and raised concerns about:
- the council’s performance, accountability and transparency
- affordability and potential financial hardship
- stormwater costs and prices.
We received over 1,000 responses to our Have Your Say survey
Thank you to everyone who provided a response to our survey. We have published an Information Paper summarising the survey results.
IPART will undertake further investigation and analysis, and will consider all feedback made through submissions, survey responses, and at the public hearing before releasing a Draft Report seeking further community feedback in March 2022.
There will also be further opportunity to present your views in response to our Draft Report and at our second public hearing which we plan to hold in April 2022.