Public water utilities we regulate

Starts Side Navigation Ends Secondary Navigation

IPART administers and periodically reviews the operating licences and sets the maximum prices that can be charged for water and wastewater services by Sydney Water, Hunter Water and WaterNSW. We also set maximum prices for the Water Administration Ministerial Corporation as well as the prices for urban water on the NSW Central Coast and in Broken Hill.

Information on IPART’s pricing and licensing reviews and decisions are available for each of the public water utilities we regulate at the links below.

Central Coast Council - formerly Gosford City Council and Wyong Shire Council  

Essential Energy - Broken Hill  

Hunter Water  

Sydney Water


Water Administration Ministerial Corporation - services delivered by Crown Lands and Water and WaterNSW 

To assist water utilities and their stakeholders, we:

Have Your Say
IPART routinely seeks public input into our reviews via submissions, public hearings, stakeholder workshops and community surveys.
View all reviews open for submissions