Assistance & support

Starts Side Navigation Ends Secondary Navigation

Complaints or concerns  

For any complaints about your water service or pricing, your supplier’s contact details will be on your bill. Contact them first so they are aware of the problem and have an opportunity to resolve it.  If they cannot resolve it immediately, they should deal with your complaint using their complaints procedure.  You can ask for a copy of this procedure.

If they still do not resolve it to your satisfaction, you can take your complaint to the Energy and Water Ombudsman of NSW (EWON).

Rebates and assistance

Some water suppliers (Hunter Water, Sydney Water) operate customer assistance programs and offer emergency assistance and payment plans for customers experiencing financial difficulty. Contact your water supplier and ask about their customer assistance program.

The Water Payment Assistance Scheme (PAS) can help if you are having difficulty paying your Hunter Water or Sydney Water (or Shoalhaven Water) bill and are unable to make arrangements with your supplier. Find out more at,




Have Your Say
IPART routinely seeks public input into our reviews via submissions, public hearings, stakeholder workshops and community surveys.
View all reviews open for submissions